Friday 9 July 2010

Gorjuss Summer

Good Afternoon 

I bought a magazine yesterday as the lovely
Jo (aka Boots the Monkey) was featured in it (pg 64/65) with some gorgeous cards. The Magazine is Cardmanking and Papercraft, which came with a free pad of papers by My Minds Eye part of the Quite Contrary set. Very summery. So I thought I'd use them today for this card.

I'm entering this card into two challenge:

and
(I hope that using the circle and scalloped circles is enough)

I've added a gem corner, coloured pearl head pins and silver butterfly from stash. The gorgeous flowers I received in a birthday package from Donna last month, thanks again hun J.

Close up of my favourite Gorjuss Girl in the three sets that were released
I used Copics to colour this sweetie in and they are:
Skin: E00, E50, E51, R11, R20
Hair: E31, Y00, YR20, YR31
Clothes: YG06, YG11, R85
W1, 3, and 7 for the floor shadowing, C1 for the shadow around the image

Please don't forget that I have a candy going at the moment. Its not a big one, just this little cutie below from Lili of the Valley to celebrate the start of my new job next week in one of the local Prisons. Its going to be a challenge, but I'm so looking forward to it. The only problem I'm going to have is not being able to see my lovely boyfriend or my precious daughter when I want to. 
You can find my candy here.

Thanks for popping by

10 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kim
A gorgeous card,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Jessie said...

This is just so sweet! I have to see if I can get that magazine because those papers are beautiful!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Kim what a little sweetie, I love those gorguss girls they are beautiful and your card is to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Crystal said...

SWEEEEt Kim I LOVE the colors you used and the layout!!! What a cute image!

Donna said...

Lovely card Kimmi, like the bright summer colors, great job on the flower arrangement too and that gem corner is totally fabby.
hugs
Donna xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card and I do love this Gorjuss image! Fabulous colouring and great choice of colour combo! Good luck with the new job hunny!

Thanks for joining us in the Sugar Bowl,

Hugs Judy xx

Macpurp said...

oh how sweet is this!!!
love the colours.

hugs Teen xx

Jennifer said...

A gorgeous creation! xx Jenny xx

Julie said...

A lovely card, very pretty

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

The image and your coloring are totally charming. Wonderful combination of colors and patterns plus great embellishments! So happy you could have some fun with us at the Creative Card Crew this week.