Wednesday 27 May 2009

Simon Says Challenge ~ Animals

Hi Everyone :o)
I hope you are all having a lovely week, its been raining here today in Dorset, so I didn't feel like tidying the house, or going out to play, so Poppy and I had a fun filled day of playing and sleeping he he... However, once the little mite was down for the night, I had a play and this is what I came up with...

Over at Simon Says Challenge - The theme for today is ANIMALS :o)
What better animal to use than one of Dustin Pikes Digital Monkey's? I'm hoping Simon Says allows Digi Stamps as I don't have many stamps that are animal that I can ink up, and none no where near as cute as this one! I'll have to get a wish list started soon...
I've kept the card almost minimal. I decided to stick with two colours - Red and Blue.
I had some buttons in my stash that I thought I'd never use as they've been sat there for ages and today I finally used them, whoop whoop. I threaded them with some red ribbon also from my stash and tied them in a knot.
I cut out the image using my Nestabilities Large Circle and then alternated between colours and sizes of the Circles and Scalloped Circles.


I coloured the Monkey using my Copics and highlighted him with the Inkssentials pen. I think I'm getting a little better at using this pen, although I never seem quite confident enough to put it to an image, until I make the first highlight. Well, that's it really.

Thanks for popping by my little 'ole blog, enjoy the rest of your week ...

Y


15 comments:

crafty amy said...

Hiya Kim :)

I am good thanks have a few days of so am going to try and make the most of them. This card is so cute I love the way you have coloured this cheeky little guy.
Hope you are ok. I am getting so excited about the launch

X Amy X

Donna said...

Super cute card Kim, love the monkey and you've colored him so lovely. Like how you did the scallop circles layering, and your four buttons in the corners, a nice added touch there.
hugs
Donna

Lisa Foster said...

Aww this is super adorable...makes me smile! Fantastic coloring!

Viv said...

What a cute card! Love his monkeys, I got the cupcake monkeys the other day but have been too busy to do anything with them yet! Can't wait till the challenge starts! Will find some time for it.

Beccy said...

Such a great card - he just makes you want to smile.
Hugs Beccy x

Iris said...

Brilliant card with a really cute digi-image. Love the cute monkey.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

Nannieflash said...

Fantastic card Kim, I love the vibrancy of it, well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

mueppi said...

Lovely card with such a cute image!
Hugs Gisela

Lorraine A said...

Very cute image :-) Love the colouring and the highlights :-) Fab layout too and the nestie shapes look perfect too. Wonderful card :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

You've used such a fun image and I like the combination of colours.

Aunty Sue said...

Hi kim love the card soo cheeky and the colours are brillient love the touch of yellow for the hat really makes it pop. Sue xx

Lou Sims said...

Fab card & that DP image is a "cracker". Love how you have coloured your image & added the highlights.

Lou
x

Jo Nevill said...

Hi ya Kimmi

Wow, fantatic card and I love Dustin's monkey and yes, he is allowed ! Your colouring is fantastic and your highlighting is fantastic too. Brilliant bright colours.

Thank you for joining us in the Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hope you are OK ?

Hugs,

Jo x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, fabulous fun image and great colours.
luv
Debby

Joey said...

Hi Kimmi, I love love your card! fabulous cheeky monkey and love the vibrant colours. Joey.x