Friday 29 January 2010

This is a message from Karen at KarensDoodles!!

Taken from Karen'sDoodles
I am sending this Freebie as a reminder that it is NOT OK to share my images with your friends! I have the names, blogs and addresses of EVERYONE who has either purchased an image or received one as a freebie. That email proves that YOU are registered owner of that image. When you received the email, I included my Angel Policy which clearly says that these images are for your PERSONAL USE ONLY and not to be shared with anyone. You can print out a few copies so you can make cards with your children or grandchildren, that's OK. But anything else is illegal and unethical.

I am an artist and this is how I make my living! You are stealing money from me and other digi artists, when you share your images. It is also unfair to the many honest followers who DO purchase stamps from me. If this practice continues, I may be forced to stop selling my digi images rather than risk them being stolen.

Digi stamps are a new concept. I really think people who are doing this don't understand the damage they are doing to artists by digi sharing. I believe there is good in all people- so please- if you have either purchased an image from me or received a Freebie 
and shared it, call your friends immediately and tell them to either purchase the image or delete it, before Monday. YOU are responsible for your own image.

If you have received a shared image, purchase it 
NOW or delete it immediately. You must do this before Monday. People are purchasing images and I won't know the difference if you are a person who wants a new image or if you are "buying" your shared image. If you don't want to purchase your "shared" image then delete it and never use it again.
On Monday
, I will begin the process of seeking out illegal images. If you are caught with one you won't be able to join in Challenges or purchase images from me in the future. Is it really worth it? I don't think so but it is up to you. Also on Monday, all of you followers who still want me to keep drawing Bigsby and Herbert, please email me at kdfollowers@gmail.com when you see a card posted with my image. I will check it against my list of Stamp Owners to see if it is from a registered owner.

2 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Kimmi, its such a shame when this happens and I think Mo has had a similar problem with her digi stamps, and its been companies that have been selling them. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Mina said...

totally agree...poor Mo had the same problems Kimmie...by the way thanks for entering my blog candy and good luck with it
Mina xxx