~ Hello ~
Some of you have either left a comment or sent me an email asking for the recipe for the crispy cake I had on my desk on Wednesday.. I have to admit that the one I had on my desk was shop bought, however, I have made these in the past but only with Mars Bars but I guess you can just add Malteasters or anything you want so here it is!
1 Mars Bar
1 bag of Malteasters
1 or 2 bars of Melting Chocolate (Depending on how much you want to make)
Cup cake cases or a large tin if wanting to make squares
- Cut your Mars Bar into smallish squares - doesn't matter if the nougat and the caramel is separated - all the better, crush some of the Malteasters and leave some whole
- Melt your chocolate in a bowl over some boiling water on the hob
- When its nearly all melted - add some of the Mars Bar and some of the Malteasters
- Mix thoroughly allowing what you've added to melt a bit
- When its nearly all melted, add the rest of the Malteasters and the Mars Bar squares
- Add the choccie mix to a bowl suitable for mixing in
- Add the crispies bit by bit - depending on if you want the chocolate thick, add less crispies, if you want the mix to be light - add more crispies
- Either place them in cup cake cases, or line the bottom of a square or rectangle shaped tin/dish and leave to cool.
- Once cool - place the tin in the fridge to set the choccie - makes it easier to get crispies out of the tin
- After 5 - 10 mins, take out of fridge and turn upside down on clean surface and tap - usually it should come out no problem - Might take a bit of tapping.
- Failing this - chuck in freezer for a few mins - not too long just enough to give a bigger chill than fridge and repeat.
- IF this fails, attack the crispies with a spatular or knife and take out your frustration. This may not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye once finished as you will end up with mis shapped crispy cakes, but they will taste the same none the less - if anyone asks what happened - just call it 'ART!!'
- Make sure you have a coffee/tea or a glass of cold milk to wash it down with - Delish!