Sunday 7 November 2010

Spesch Stamps New Release Blog Hop!

Hi everyone.
Sorry for not being around in blog land of late - I'm trying to catch up on much needed sleep and chill time, but none of that involves card making - I'm sure I'm doing something wrong!

Anyways - this evening (10pm, which is now approx 9am in Australia) I want to show you a card of the many being shown in the Spesch Designer Stamps New Blog Hop. You should have arrived to me from Maria. If you didn't check out the Spesch Designer Stamps Blog where we are kicking this hop off from!

This card was mega easy to do, and it was done like this for quickness, but also, no fuss sometimes makes the cards better! I didnt think this stamp needed much, just a splash of colour and some glamour dust!


He is 'Surfing Santa'... I think he rocks! 
The image was printed directly onto card stock with the wording up top and bottom. Coloured with Copics and a small dusting of Glamour dust for effect on those awesome crashing waves!

Thanks for popping by - check out Kimberly who is next on the hop!


17 comments:

Sammi said...

LOVE it! I think this works really well and really makes you focus on the wonderful image!
Great job Kimmy!
Hope you are getting the rest you need (hugs)
Sammi
xx

cheryl said...

oh wow totally love what you have done with this image,he is one cool santa hugs cheryl xxx

Tracey Feeger said...

Fabulous darling. You have made such a simple christmas card look so totally and utterly fabulous. Great work.
mwah
Trace

kaylou said...

Oooooh great work Kimmy, I love how you have done santa,He's one cool dude.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Gin Oak said...

Great job - reminds us all that fabulous cards can be made even if we don't have all the right accessories... there's hope for us all :-) Thanks.

Tracy Jedi said...

Love your surfin' Santa card! Thanks for sharing.

vicmbee said...

gorgeous card and I love the sparkles on the waves and your blog background is awesome very xmassy...

Renkata said...

You are right this image is just so easy and great fun to colour, very cute!

Lia said...

Ohh, that's a very nice card and a cute stamp.

greets Lia

mrsk06 said...

Surfs up santa! i love your card its so fun and cute! hugz xx

Crea Astrid said...

What a funny Christmas card is this. Nice stamp.

Hugs Astrid.

Miranda said...

Funny card, nice colouring the stamp really makes me smile

hugs
Miranda

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the waves! this card is adorable!

thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Ashman said...

Great card. It is nice to see a quick and easy card. I love the image its so funky!!

Nannieflash said...

Wow hes an awesome image a real funky Santa, love your simple but stunning card. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jennifer said...

You're right! Simple but super cute!!! :) I love it (wish I still lived in California; this stamp would be perfect for my Christmas cards...)!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Macpurp said...

this is such a great card! Love that image.

love teen x