Friday 19 June 2009

Friday Sketchers 57

I've been looking for inspiration all week for a wedding card I needed to make for Saturday (tomorrow). I ordered the new stamps form WoJ, but my post fairy is working slow this week, so I dont think I will get to play until next week sometime when they arrive.

I found this Sketch over at Friday Sketchers and just had to have a play. I've never taken part in the challenge so its a first for me. The sketch is a lovely one by Beatrix. The prize this week is a lovely stamp set by The Angel Company.


I did an image swap a good few months ago (I think it was this swap I got the images from) and recieved these wonderful Hangler Stanglers. I just had to use them. The only problem I had was colouring them. The ink wasnt alcohol based so the Copics smudge the ink a little if I go over the image too much.

Here we have a happy couple. Arent they cute!

Like I said above, I coloured them with Copics and highlighted with Inkssentials pen.
The colours I chose were determined by my friends wedding. She is having a pink and brown theme. I've seen her dress already (which is brilliant white and lots of sparkle) as we had a girly day and she had a fitting. I'm so gutted than I was diagnosed with Cancer and was on Chemo, or I could have been her Maid of Honour *Sniff Sniff*. She didnt want to ask me as she thought I had too much going on :o( Nevermind.

Sentiment hand written as I couldn't find my stamp set!

The flowers I coloured to tailor the card and I added some pearl brads and a nice charm I attatched to a chain. I popped a fourth flower in the opposite corner to give the card a little bit of balance.

The backing papers are from Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme Vol II they print like a dream and there are so many you are so spoilt for choice! The plain card stock was from my stash.
Here we have a close up of the happy couple!

I carried on the theme and added two more images I was sent.
Arent they sweet!


You can click on them for a better look (hope it works today)

Again I used my Copics to colour them in, and went with pink :o) and highlighted with Inkssentials pen.

Thank you for stopping by..
Y

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow this is such a cute card :), the images are adorable and they are coloured wonderfully, i adore the papers and embellies you have used too :)

Thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog :)


Hugs

Martine

Viv said...

Aww, very cute! Colours are lovely and the images sweet.Love the little attendants inside!
Sad you couldn't have been in the bridal party :(

Unknown said...

oh how lovely and so fantastic. what a wonderful coloration.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and your work to my sketch.
have a nice weekend. hugs, bea

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, Kim. Love the colours, the image is so cute:O)
Great go on the sketch;O) The inside is beautiful too.
Hugs, Nancy.

Nannieflash said...

Wow Kimmi youve done a brilliant job of your card, its quite stunning. The colouring and the details are gorgeous. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

having a {me} day said...

Oh what a gorgeous card and I love how you've decorated the inside too! You have fab handwriting - the hand written sentiment is perfect. Looks like you enjoyed the day with your family! katxx

Chris said...

First let me say that I hope you are feeling strong and well - this is probably a very tough time for you but I know you'll be a survivor!!

Your card for your friend is lovely - isn't it wonderful what a good sketch can do to kick start our card making? Thanks for playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge, I'm so happy to be the sponsor this week.

I wish you well Kim!!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, I've read the post above and your friends wedding looked like you all had a fabulous day. Poppy is so gorgeous!