Wednesday 24 June 2009

Patchwork Friends Donkey ~ My First Digi Image - on a Card!

Well today I have released my First Ever Digi Stamp... I'd like you to meet one of the Patchwork Friends Henry/Henrietta. I'm unsure if this is a gentleman or a lady Donkey.
I guess the image could be used as both, so I may have to give him/her a suitable name which will fit a boy or a girl. Or should I leave the image nameless? Ideas welcome!

Anyways. I've created this little chap using my Graphics Tablet. I drew him out in rough first then I perfected him this afternoon.

Up close photo of the Image


I am going to enter him into two challenges - ABC Challenge and also Digital Tuesday.

ABC this week are asking that you use two colours on your card. I have used mainly Pink and Grey (even for the image) and I hope I can get away with the light pinky peachy colour. I coloured him with my Copics, using pink and a gray outline. He kinda looks purple, but he is definitely a pinky gray colour :o)

Digital Tuesday are on a recycle mission this week and asking us to use up our scraps. The papers I've used are from a 12x12 card pad which the scraps have been sitting in my little scrap box for over a month now. So I think that covers that base.

I used some shiny gems and then I hand drew the sentiment, as I couldn't find my sentiment stamps (again).. I don't know what I've done with them. Knowing me, they've gone to the bin man :o(

Thank you for popping by.. If you would like to buy this little Donkey is is available here : Poppy Petals Shop.

Y Thank you for looking Y

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, Kimmi, your image is fabulous! This is a lovely card and that border gives the whole card a delicate look! Well done!
So glad you could play along with us at the Digital Tuesday challenge!
Blessings, Maria

btw, you have a very lovely blog fill with so much inspiration!

crafty amy said...

Oh wow I didn't know you were lokking at doing digi stamps this little one (girl or boy) is so cute I am on my way to buy him now can't wait to see what else you do.

X Amy X

Lori said...

Congratulations on creating such an adorable image. She/he is SO CUTE. I love the way you colored him too. Very nice.

Nicola said...

Awe ain´t he/she cute! Such an adorable image Kimmi, well done, and your colouring and detail are perfect.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Nannieflash said...

Wow Kimmi thats stunning, well done my love, love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anjou Krelovich said...

Kimmi, this is just a great image! I absolutely adore it. Wonderful card too! Thanks for visiting DTC and sharing!

Unknown said...

oh I love the image, so cute!

crafty amy said...

Hiya Kimmi,
He was great to colour :) I am thinking of trying a little digital paper piecing next just to change it up a bit. I can't wait to see the next one.

Amy xx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Awww! It's an adorable card...and image too!!
I can see I'm going to have to do some shopping!! ^.^

Lora said...

This is sooo cute. The image is fab and your colouring of him/her is perfect.
Thanks for joining us at the DTC this week.
Lora

Amy Johnson said...

congratulations on releasing your first ever digi stamp. Its fabulous! Love your card. Its adorable. Thanks so much for playing the DTC!

Emma said...

Wow well done on creating your own image...totally adorable. Gorgeous card and colours...
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Helen said...

Awwww...this is so sweet!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Great card, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.