Wednesday 26 August 2009

La-La Lands Weekly Wednesday Challenge 2!!


I can not believe how fast the past week has gone and we are onto challenge number 2 over at La-La-La Land Crafts...

This week the very talented and kind Lisa is in charge! Lisa has set us the task of adding Stitching to our cards be it faux or real!!

Not having a sewing machine, I decided to do it all by HAND!! and boy were they sore afterwards!
I think I am going to have to invest in a sewing machine - so if any of you use one, please, pretty please, leave me a comment and let me know what ones you use!! Would be greatly appreciated!

I've used little Rosie sitting with her Cat called Rain! I have followed a fabulous sketch from Friday Sketchers which was designed by Carole - go check it out, you still have time to enter!!
Papers are My Minds Eye and are the Bloom and Grow Collection in 6x6. I have coloured Rosie and Rain with my copics and used a new type of gel pen for highlighting which is so smooth, I don't feel like throwing it out of the window. Then finally Spritzed with some glimmer mist.

I have hand stitched all the bits you see stitched and then added some buttons for the elements on the sketch.
Please come and join us at La-La Land Crafts for our Second Challenge! We'd all love to see what you come up with, and remember, you don't have to have a Lala, Rosie or one of the Animal stamps to play :D if you do have one, that would be a bonus! Also - go visit the DT and my fellow Guest Designers and see what they too have come up with for this fab challenge!

The prize again this week is a fabulous 25% off in store to the winner :D and of course a lovely top three blinkie for your side bar should your card be selected

Good Luck Y

17 comments:

Sheila said...

Fantabulous Rosie & Rain Kimmi, great stitching I too went down the hand sewn route too:)& yeah it does take it's toll on the old fingers :).
Love the MME papers you've used on this their some of my faves.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Anne said...

Hi Kimmi your card is lovely. I adore my Husqvarna Viking machine but it would be a very expensive toy just for papercrafts;)!

Have you joined your local Freecycle group? Search for them on Yahoo and ask on there if anyone has a machine they no longer want. That's how I got rid of my godmother's old machine that I didn't want, it was a good machine too. Also we have a place called Community Furniture Project which takes and sells machines for low prices. Just take a piece of fabric, even a duster and ask for the machine to be threaded so you can see it sews.

Good luck! Email me if I can help more...

Anne said...

PS I meant CFP takes thing such as sewing machines, not just sewing machines!

Penni said...

Super card Kimmi.

Hugs
Penni
X

Kathy said...

GOrgeous card Kimmi! I love the colors and your coloring is just fabulous!! ALl your shimmer is pretty too!! Good for you for hand stitching!! I started and it just wasn't happening!! haha
Have a great day :)Kathy

Beccy said...

Great card Kimmi - cant believe you did all that stitching by hand it maust have taken 4 ever.

Hugs Beccy x

LINDA said...

Such a darling card.. Great stitching..WOW!! And by hand..
Hugs, Linda

cheryl said...

this is one beautiful card hun love that super cute image hugs cheryl xxxxx

Irina Blount said...

Kimmi, what a beautiful card!! Rosie looks so great in these colors!! Oh, and the shimmer is superb!! Sorry about your fingers..

You have to tell me what white gel pen you use now, I am still looking for the one that works..

Hugs!!
Irina

Vicki said...

Blimey Kimmi this is fantastic, those papers are lush, and the image is so cute. Hey well done you for all the hand sewing it looks brill. I treated myself to a fab sewing machine a few months back, was a bit more than I wanted to pay but well worth it as it does loads of stitches, it's a Brother ES2020, I ordered it online from sewing machines direct and got loads of freebies with it too. Hope you get one soon, luv 'n' hugs xx vicki xx

Donna said...

Love your card Kim, the colors of the papers are so nice and cheery, and you've done a wonderful job on the coloring too, love the layout of the buttons and all that stitching really looks fabulous.
hugs
Donna xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love the softness of your card, Kim. Your stitching is beautifully done!

Cardmaking Galore said...

What a lovely card and I like the shimmer too

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) I love this image and the papers you used are fab !! I will pop by this new challenge and hope to enter ,,,,, I feel a shopping spree coming on !!! :-)

I have just seen all your lovely creations over the last month ,,, gorgeous ! I really love the bookmark you made ,,, hope you're finding the time to read your book !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Maureen said...

SO adorable! That's a LOT of hand stitching - but totally worth it!

For my sewing machine, I just went to the store and got the cheapest regular sized machine I could find (I tried one of those mini ones and really wasn't happy with it). It doesn't have a lot of fancy stitches, but I don't mind! The brand is Singer. HTH!

Sue from Oregon said...

Love the layout you used on this card...GREAT!

Nicola said...

Wowee those papers are mega delish and your sweet image is coloured so beautifully, loving the effect of the glimmer mist and your hand stitching Kimmi.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-