Monday 7 September 2009

Happy Birthday to ...

... my DT Buddie at La-La Land Crafts.

Today is Maureens Birthday so we've got together a few cards to surprise her, cool eh?

I hope Maureen likes the card I have made to celebrate her Birthday, I'm not usually a Purple kinda girl, but when I started on the card, this is where it took me! Strange eh?

I've used Sitting Lala from La-La Land Crafts and I have hand drawn a chocolate chip cupcake for her to sit on, I drew it in pencil first then carefully went over it with my Copic Multi Liner so that when I coloured it in, the Ciao's wouldn't smudge! I was really nervous at first because I didn't know how it was going to turn out, but I'm pleased with it!

I've used papers from Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme Vol III and loved the butterfly paper so much, I didn't want to finish the sketch from Create4Fun as it meant I had to cover it up :o( But you can see some of the butterflies - even if it is just a wing hehe. I cuttlebuged the middle paper with Allegro and then sanded over it to give the white areas.

The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I coloured the larger ones in with my Ciao Pen as they are cream, the little roses were already tinted with a lovely purple hue.

Thanks for popping by and please head on over and wish Maureen a Happy Birthday -
You'd really make her day!!
Y

6 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Kimmi, I was going to ask you what company makes this adorable cupcake stamps.. just to find out you hand drawn it!!! WOW!! I am so impressed!!! It is absolutely perfect for Lala to sit on!! Love, love, love your card!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Kim,
Hugs Dianne xx

Sheila said...

Fabulous card Kimmi, love the cupcake it looks well yummy:).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

I can't imagine what you were nervous about! This card is simply adorable! LOVE the cupcake!! La-La is coloured to perfection. The layout is just fab! Gorgeous roses! Well done!! xx Jane

Maureen said...

Kimmi - I absolutely LOVE this - thank you so much!! I'm such a cupcake nut - this is perfect for me and you did such an awesome job drawing your own! Also love the gorgeous roses, pearls, and lace - so beautiful!!

Donna said...

A fabulous card Kim, love your coloring on La La, and that cupcake you've drawn is fantastic........perfect for images to sit on, and the coloring of it is great. Lovely flower arrangements and good choice in papers, and I like the embossed card too.
hugs
Donna xx