Friday 4 September 2009

Stampin' for the Weekend - Week 14

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for playing along last week.
I was so pleased with everyone's enteries and you made my week extra special by playing along with my theme which was personal to me :D

This week over at Stampin' for the Weekend, we've gone for a colour combination of Orange, Teal and Pink - Such a fabulous combo, but it took me a while to get my head around it!

Our lovely sponsors this week is The Craft Barn

And they are kindly offering the winner of this challenge a £15 Gift Certificate to spend in thier store :D

I did not know what to do for this challenge. I thought long and hard and having no idea what papers to use, I got out my trusted, most faithful discs from Bearly Mine Designs. I've used papers form Designer Extreme Vol II and III and they go so well together.


The image is a Diane Duda stamp which I received in a lovely Birthday card in June from my lovely Teamie Vanja (Thanks Hunni :oD ) I added some pearl brads and some flowers from my stash including punching some Retro Flowers out from the printed papers.

I coloured her with copics and added some sparkle with some Glimmer Dust to her crown and the frogs crown, then spritzed the whole card with Pearl Glimmer Mist :D I am LOVING this stuff!!

Please pay a visit to the team this week. We have a lot of new starters this week - so please make them feel welcome :D We also have TWO Guest Designers Lorraine and Carlie - Please make sure you visit thier blogs also and see what lovely cards they've created.

Thank you for popping by, I can't wait to see what you all come up with this weeky Y


ERIN NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

I am sending this card to cheer a little girl named Paige up - She was in a horrible acceident a short while ago and has had to have her hand and most of her arm to her elbow removed. Erin - A lovely lady (and a past GD) who is Paige's Neighbour has put up a post on her blog asking for all us lovely card makers to find it in their hearts to send a card. Now the addresses can be found on the article HERE, or you can email Erin and send a card direct to her.

If you read more on Erins blog you will find that Whimsy Stamps have a lovely teddy digi stamp to raise funds for Paiges Medical bills to help out her parents, you can find him here :D

I hope you can find a spare moment to make a card for Paige - Im sure she could use some Cheer!
x

13 comments:

Donna said...

Fantastic card Kimmi, cute image too......that's two Diane Duda's in our DT's cards this week. Love the fab papers and great layout, and your flowers look so pretty too. And a pretty charm that matches with the image so well.
Have a great weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Nancy said...

Morning Kimmi:O) Your card is lovely! The image is so cute, and the embellishment you have added is brillilant. Love the flowers and the charm is beautiful.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoe said...

I love this card Kimmi, that image is gorgeous and the charm crown finishes the card of beautifully. Stunning :)
Zoe x x

Nancy said...

Sorry about the last post:O( It goes too fast sometimes. I love the new layout on your blog, and the pictures of Poppy are adorable:O) She is a cutie!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Vicki said...

Hiya Kimmi

Wasn't it a fantastic turn out for your challenge and so many gorgeous creations.

This weeks card is a beautie and you've done such a lovely job of colouring this fab image. The papers are beautiful, love the layout and all those gorgeous embellishments. Take care luvly and enjoy your weekend. Luv 'n' hugs xx vicki xx

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! This is so COOL! Fabby coloring, great design and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your charms! Beautiful card! Hugs, Lisa

Sandie said...

Beautiful card Kimmi!! I just adore that Dianne Duda image and your crown charm is gorgeous. Fabby flowers and dp!!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Kimmi, you would think those colours would work would you, but your card is fabulous. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx

Viv said...

Wow! Those colours do look great together! Very cute card. We've been having fun with homemade versions of "glimmermist", made with distress inks, water and perfect pearls. You can get so many cool colours. xx Viv

Penni said...

Hi Kimmi.

Love your card, such a cute image from Sugar Nellie and the charm matches perfectly.

Hugs
Penni
X

Vanja said...

Hi Kimmi! Your card is beautiful! I love how you coloured the cute image, I love the crown chram. The papers and the roses are fabulous.
Hugs, Vanja

Aunty Sue said...

Hi kim love the card and wow the colours work really well. Not colours i would have picked but definately will now. Please pop over i have something waiting for you on my blog.