Wednesday 9 September 2009

La-La Lands Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!


Its week four at La-La Lands Weekly Wednesday Challenge blog and this week Kim Yu set us all the theme of Distressing.
So get your inks, sandpaper or scissors out and get distressing!!
I have picked my favourite Lala of the ones I have which is Fairy Lala. She is just a dream to colour! I have (for some strange reason) been drawn to purple recently and its not really one of my colours. I picked up a couple of shades of it and coloured her hair and I went from there.
I've coloured her with copics and added some sparkle to her wings and wand.
The papers I have used are Bearly Mine Designs - Designer Extreme Vols II and III, which have all been distressed by tearing and then inking with some copic inks. I then layered the printed papers onto Papermania Textured Card.
Here is another little view of her. The paper roses and pearl strands are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I have inked the larger roses as they are plain cream.

Again this week, Irina is offering a 25% discount to the winner and a top three blinkie award to those who are selected the most by the Design Team and Guest Designers.

I am entering this card for Three challenges
- Stamp Something - which is to use your favorite stamp (an added bonus was to use die cut or punched shapes which I have not done)
- Friday Sketchers - A fabulous sketch by Heidi click here to see the sketch. I've also noticed that I've added flowers where there shouldnt be any - however, I saw that the Design Team had a but of freedom and have added flowers and embellies in corners and around the image. So hopefully, I've not done anything wrong - the sketch is still very much visable :D
Creative Card Crew - Have a Fairy Nice Day! (I've used Fairy Lala - So think this counts hehe)

I hope you have fun with the challenge, please remember to visit the Design Team's and the Guest Designers Blogs.
Y

Before you go, I have a couple of images to show you from the Halloween Collection, which is now available from the La-La Land Crafts Store. From left to right we have Witch Lala, Whiskers with Pumpkin and Witch on the Broom Rosie...
Head on over to order yours so you get them in time to make all your Halloween Party Invite or just a Halloween card, there is so much choice, I'm sure you will find a favourite!
Happy Crafting!

10 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Kim. Love the cute image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

Sheila said...

Hiya Kimmi love your fairy Lala, gorgeous sparkle in her wings looks like she will leave lots of lovley fairy dust whereever she lands:).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Kathy said...

Hello Kim!! I just love your card!! The colors are so pretty and all your details are just stunning!! So pretty and love your distressing!
:)Kathy

Maureen said...

LOVE this card - it's totally gorgeous!! Love the colors, the papers, and especially those beautiful 'bellies!!

Benedicte said...

Oh Kimmi!! This is so stunning:O) I love the colours and your colouring is so gorgeous:) The detaljes are so pretty!!

Have a nice day!
Hugs Benedicte.

Unknown said...

WOW, Kimmi!! I LOOOVE your card!!!! WOW!!

Nancy said...

WOW Kimmi, your card is awsome! Love the colours, the pearls look wonderful, and the image is so cute. The flowers are gorgeous! Lovely colouring as always:)
Love the Halloween images too.
Take care, hun;O)
Hugs, Nancy.

Karin said...

Stunning card Kim.
Love al the purple!!
And your colouring is amazing.

Hugs,
xoxo karin

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

WOWEE! This is awesome Kimmi. A perfect design, beautiful papers, sensational flowers and I adore the image you chose. Stunning work.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Marcea said...

fabulous work sweetie
-x-